How Can You Receive Food Assistance?

Anyone residing in Jackson County, with proper identification, may receive food every 30 days if needed if they economically qualify. (The economic guidelines may be found on the top of the Proxy Form.)

Clients must provide a picture i.d. with current address on each visit. If the picture i.d. does not have their current address in Jackson County, then they need to bring a piece of business mail (water bill, phone bill, rental agreement, etc.) with the name that matches the picture i.d. AND their current address on it.

If a client is unable to visit the Pantry in person, they may print and use the Proxy form which may be found under the "Forms" tab.

The Pantry is open every Monday through Friday - except for the indicated holidays, or if weather conditions do not permit safe access to the Pantry. (Notices of closure due to weather will be posted on local t.v. stations as well as on our Facebook page.)

Clients who need transport to the Pantry may arrange with the Jackson County Public Transit bus by scheduling an appointment for pick-up at least a day in advance. Their phone number is: (618) 549-0304

Other Types Of Assistance

We serve as the distribution site for the Murphysboro Ministerial Alliance emergency aid paperwork, which must be filled out and mailed to the Alliance. The Pantry has no input as to whether they person asking for aid will receive such nor do we have knowledge of when/if the aid will be granted/paid.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)       mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

                    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

                    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

                    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)       fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)       email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.