How Can You Help - Donating

Donations of money or food are always welcomed and needed. Providing more than 3100 individuals a month with generous amounts of assorted foods based solely on donations requires community support to consistently meet the challenge. We are grateful for those who donate on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis and invite everyone to join us in this mission to feed the hungry in our area.

(Because there is a monthly fee along with a "per transaction fee" charged for EVERY donation made on line, we ask that you mail your donations to us at P. O. Box 671, Murphysboro, IL 62966 so that your donation is not reduced by administrative fees.)

How Can You Help - Volunteering

We are always in need of volunteers to help staff the many areas of work necessary to keep our charity working effectively. Volunteer opportunities include computer/office work, client assist positions, warehouse work, box packers, van drivers, janitorial work, website maintenance and fundraising skills. Volunteers may work as little as a few hours a month to multiple days each week, depending on their preferences and availability.  (Please refer to Forms tab for Volunteer Form.)

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)       mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

                    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

                    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

                    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)       fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)       email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.